Monday, April 27, 2015

Pi Cluster Week 2, Session 2: The Work is Done

As of today, the Pi Cluster has been completed! I successfully ran the wordcount example across three nodes. Here's the messy setup the work was done with:


The laptop of course is playing Here Come the Mummies.

I'll be demonstrating the cluster in action counting word occurrences in the Iliad Wednesday at 1pm in this same classroom. I'll be showing up a bit early (maybe an hour or two) to make sure everything is configured. I also completed a full report on building the cluster, which I will share in a separate post

One quick piece of advice for this project is that I'd certainly recommend keeping everything in a toolbox like the one pictured. When you get more and more nodes, you'll need it. My toolbox certainly served me well for the four node model, and if I used smaller cables and strips, I could certainly see it helping me far beyond that. Here's a picture of how I kept everything stored:



No comments:

Post a Comment