Thursday, August 27, 2015

The CS bucket list

As you may have seen in "My Career and My Ambition, pt. 1",  I've really enjoyed the opportunity at my work to investigate things on a deep level, such as how encodings affect the size of data as well as what characters are supported. It's got me asking a lot of questions about what the data around every day really is, on a fundamental level. How many people, technologically/musically literate or not, understand how MP3 files are structured? I don't know the answer to that question, but I would like to be one of those who does understand. So I decided to create a list of small programs I could create to systematically acquire this kind of information, a sort of "CS bucket list" (mediocre title definite tentative). Here are some of the things I'd be interested in studying:

  • Raw MP3 processing
  • Raw image processing
  • QR code generation
  • Creating an Assembly script
  • Neural Network applications 
  • File Compression
  • Live sensing
 So, these kind of applications will be a lot of the content of my future posts-- and in no particular order. I've already got a foot in the door studying 6502 and other flavors of assembly through tutorials and TIS-100. This will just be something in my free time too, so don't expect any kind of schedule. I'll gradually update on my progress from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment