Friday, December 5, 2014

Drone Following #8: LSM9DS0 chip and sensor research

So I was in a position where I could make a Youtube video about Physics for some extra credit, so I took the opportunity to do some research on LSM9DS0, and all of it's components. In the video you'll also found how these components physically work.


The chip actually arrived today, and I have to say, I'm surprised at how small it is! I probably should be, but I can't help but be excited that that much information comes from a board small than my thumb.

This is finals week, so I'm going to desperately try to hold back from toying around with it, but I do need to go ahead and solder it next weekend before the lab closes. Then I can spend my break getting my Drone off the ground, and using the IMU. If I get where I want to go, I might try asking for a GPS shield for my birthday in January... Unfortunately I also need a wifi shield to communicate with the computer or the drone. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment